The Beachy Head Sportive
sponsored by The Tri Store
The Beachy Head Sportive sponsored by The Tri Store Eastbourne (formerly The Eastbourne Cycling Festival Sportive) will be held on Sunday 4th June 2017.
Featuring 3 distances, 65, 45 and 23 miles, The Beachy Head Sportive takes in much more than just the iconic Beachy Head climb.
On the 65 mile route you will be treated to an undulating ride through the Sussex Weald to warm up your legs before heading south towards the South Downs National Park where you will come face to face with Bo Peep, at the top of which will be the Long route feed station. The route then takes you through Wilmington & The Long Man, Lullington, High & Over, Exceat and of course Beachy Head.
The Medium 45 mile & Short 23 mile routes are ideal for those that would like a little less climbing but still want the KUDOS of climbing Beachy Head, perfect for beginners and family groups, with a great feed station at the Dinkum Pub in Polegate High Street.
All routes will finish on the alpine-like descent from Beachy Head towards Eastbourne seafront and the 2017 Eastbourne Cycling Festival.
Do the ride then do the Festival.
Limited to only 300 entries, book early as this event sells out fast!
- Challenging local climbs, stunning country lanes and great views!
- Gold, Silver & Bronze time targets
- Medal for all finishers
- Fully stocked feed station en-route
- First Aid cover, sweep cyclists and recovery van on stand by
- Registration, Festival village, food, toilets, on Western Lawns.
- 08:00am - 9:15am rolling start - using the closed road circuit to begin
- Pre ride bike check at southeast mountain biking stand
Western Lawns Start