Urban Cyclo-Cross & MTB Race
SATURDAY 3RD JUNE 2017 - 17:00 to 19:00
Sadly we cannot use the promenade and beach again so we've reverted to a Veldrijden course. Veldrijden is the Flemish for field race, which is what cyclo X was in the beginning. Then beer got involved and it all got a bit out of hand!
Start on closed road head west, for a circuit then follow a taped course through the Western Lawns negotiating various obstacles, out onto closed road again.
Course length approximately 1 kilometre.
Races - be prepared for some fast & furious action as riders negotiate obstacles, use their speed on the road and skills on the Lawns!
This race is for MTB and Cyclo-Cross riders.
Prizes sponsored by Tenn Outdoors
- 1st prizes for Overall, Vets & Women's categories: Jacket & Bib Shorts
- 1st prizes for Junior & Youth categories: Snap Back caps
- Senior and Veterans Races
- Junior and Youth Races
ALL URBAN CYCLO CROSS RACES CAN BE ENTERED ON THE DAY, SUBJECT TO AVAILABILITY
- Le Mans style start with riders running to their bikes across the road
- Use any bike you like, it doesn't have to be a cross bike
- Races on the mixed urban course
- Please see the programme for times
- Click here for Race Licence Age Categories
The actual route may change on the day, and obstacles and jumps etc will be placed at strategic points on the course.
The course will be clearly marked; start/finish will be on the closed road as for previous races and there will be a Le Mans style start, bike position drawn by lot.